Wednesday, July 17, 2013
I saw this while looking up seats to reserve at the IMAX and it made me laugh out loud.
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Those of you who know me, know that I am fairly short. Most people think that it's cute to be short, and while sometimes it's fun, especially because you are almost always shorter than guys, so it opens up a lot more possibilities dating wise. Overall short people have difficulties though. Let me break it down for you and let you know what being short is really like.
First off, all your friends think that you are the perfect size for an arm rest, so they are constantly leaning on you.
Every hug is awkward.
Seeing anything at a play, concert, or movie is impossible, unless you're in the front row.
Grabbing anything in the kitchen takes alot of talent, you have to learn to jump and grab things accurately.
Being in relationships is sometimes difficult.
Don't even talk to me about shopping...
Your friends always make you stand in the front in photos.
You can never find your friends in a crowd.
Let's not even talk about kissing people who are of average or tall height.
And worst of all... even Randy Newman hates you!
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
I needed help with today’s post so I found one of those questioneers. I will give 5 points to whomever actually gets to the end.
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
Awake – Josh Groban
Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
Motivation – Sum 41
I Promise You – Backstreet Boys
For the Strength of the Hills – Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Threw It On the Ground – Turtleneck and Chain
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
I think everyone knows this, Alan Rickman
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
“It’s quite hard. Making pies I mean. You wouldn’t think it, but there’s…” --‘The Wise Man’s Fear’
4) What do you think about most?
Honestly, whatever is happening in that moment.
5) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
Me specifically? No. But Boston does have a song “Amanda”
6) Do you have any strange phobias?
I’m terrified of touching fish, or them touching me. I’m not actually scared of fish, but if I’m fishing or swimming I’m terrified if one touches me. Don’t even get me started on Jelly fish.
7) What's your religion?
8) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Reading, hanging out with friends, walking to class.
9) Who is your celebrity crush?
Again this is obvious, it’s Alan Rickman. I also am currently in love with Jared Padelecki.
10) How do you vent your anger?
11) Do you have a collection of anything?
Useless, endless Television knowledge.
12) Are you happy with the person you've become?
Kinda, the answer is pending (but currently yes), because I haven’t done much yet. Ask me again in 5 years.
13) What's a sound you hate; sound you love?
People chewing with their mouth open. Silence.
14) What's your biggest "what if"?
What if I don’t have enough money for _____?
15) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
Yes and Yes. I’ve seen an actual ghost (twice). Ask me about my theories on Alien Architecture in our world. IE- the Aliens built the pyramids. I’m certain.
16) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
My computer, a classmate (although I didn’t actually touch her, she would’ve been weirded out) – and yes, I’m in class right now.
17) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
Ha! Not according to my record (wink).
18) What was the last movie you saw?
I went and saw Jurassic Park at the IMAX in 3D this past weekend, it was better than I remembered as a child (probably because I was terrified when I watched it at ages 10 and 12).
19) Do you have any obsessions right now?
The show, Supernatural, it’s super good.
20) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
21) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
Buy me popcorn at a movie, I will love you.
22) Where is your best friend?
Right now, probably at school. But spiritually, very happy and married.
23) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
Ha! I wanted to go to bed at 10 PM, and I finished my homework on time for this schedule, so I got in bed with a book… and read it until 2am. So I was reading ‘The Wise Man’s Fear’. It’s a great book series that I recommend to all.
24) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
Maybe, I’m super nice and I’ll help anyone out the moment they ask or say anything, not questions asked. But I’m very unaware of people’s emotions and distress (And honestly unless you bring it up, I’ll just ignore it assuming that’s what you want), and I tend to flake out if I’m tired and the activity isn’t that exciting. I’m also good at secrets… so maybe.
25) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
A) No, If I’m married I’m only telling my husband, if I’m not married I might not tell anyone. Okay, I’ll probably tell my mom to get her to pay for the bills and prep the funeral.
B) Live life as normal, with some extra fun things (like visit old friends, go to amusement parks, and kiss more guys). You should always be living like you only have a month left; I just don’t have the money to.
C) No, I’m too curious about death to be afraid. I am terrified in dying in a very painful way, so hopefully this way of going isn’t the case.
26) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
Coming back to school after being kicked out, and trying harder to do well.
27) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
So many things cross my mind
- “Amanda Lloyd: Balla, Playa, Honey.”
- “Here lies Beloved Amanda, She’s Awesome”
- OR something themed, like “Lean in Closer” and then my tombstone shakes once they are
- I’ve also toyed with the idea of having a Musical Tombstone, one that plays a song when someone walks by.
- Honestly probably something kinda poetic like: “Amanda Lloyd: She Lived”
28) What is your current desktop picture?
Van Gogh’s Cherry Blossoms
29) If you could press a button and make any place in the world instantaneously explode, what would it be?
The Eiffel Tower, empty of people. It’s beloved and an icon, and I think it would be funny if it was gone.
30) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
31) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
Slacking off in school and getting kicked out, I would graduate on time.
32) Give me your top 10 hottest celebrities.
Mila Kunis (Pre- Ashton Kutcher)
Sorry this was soooo long, but if you made it down to here put “Amanda’s Awesome” in the comments, or answer any of the questions about yourself and I’ll give you 5 points!
Monday, April 1, 2013
So today is April Fools’ Day, therefore the internet (thinking itself quite the comedian) decided to play some pranks on the world. I happen to be up at midnight right when everything changed, so I took some screen caps for you, in case you missed them.
Netflix, genuinely surprised me and tricked me for a second, because I had failed to notice the change of the clock, and thought I had just been watching some weird stuff that was giving me some awkward suggestions.
Then I went over to Hulu, which took the route of being more fun than funny. Something I’m fine with and rather appreciated. They recommend some awesome shows… too bad they don’t actually exist.
Trying saying that 3 times fast! If you've ever seen 30 Rock, you not only know what this is, but you also have the song now stuck in your head.
Arrested Development gave us this beautiful gem. And if you're a fan, right now you can't stop seeing/hearing William Hung.
Do I need to say anything about this one? I'm just so happy they made this, and I wish so much that it was real.
If you were alive in the 90's you probably recognize this. Daria was just so awesome, and I use to wish Sick Sad World was a real show.
If you've seen Parks and Rec, you've already seen this show really, and who wouldn't love for this to be your news show?
Google rather outdid themselves this year. I want video proof of all the people who were attempting to smell their computers with the farcical “Google Nose” that they are advertising.
Once you click on the Try Google Nose button they take you to the screen where you are supposed to smell which ever scent they pick for you. Note the Smelling lines that appear on your screen....
So I personally was experience problems because I couldn't smell anything, so I clicked on the "Need Help" Button, and they give you a list of problems. My favorite solutions are the third and last one.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Whenever I meet a cute guy, I make sure that I try to get his attention in the most subtle way possible...
I usually meet them at parties, and I use my devilishly good looks to flirt my way to their heart.
Then I ask them their age, where they grew up, when they think they'll be ready to get married, if they are okay with having a Pokemon theme in naming their children, and how good they think the month August is for weddings.
Most the time they walk away and leave the city never to come back again. Weird. I think with the amount of charm I actually have that there is a loving, available man out their waiting for me: