Sunday, December 23, 2007

Who Am I?

Lately I've been wondering who I really am... I mean I know who I am, and where I came from... this is no question of religion or my faith... But who really is anybody? Are we all classified? What if one is left with no classification? Does the person have the title Nobody? I have moved plenty of times and it seems that I have been given a different title at each place... I have always known that I am weird... that's a given... But I'm not gonna lie, I always thought I was funny too... Lately though it seems that it's such a competition to get friends at BYU.... someone has to be like someone... Being different is a hard place to be...




Wow that was all over the place... Anyways what am I? The comedian? The freak? The chubby girl? The friend? The girl who doesn't fit in but tries to anyways? I don't know... I think I'm a little of all of those... One thing I know for sure is that I feel like the puzzle piece that doesn't fit... but I keep trying to push it in, and until I can shave off those corners and change a little then I will fit... But I don't want to change... and I don't think i should have too... My friends are awesome dont get me wrong, it's just you can tell when you don't exactly fit in... When you don't get the jokes, when you don't know the latest stories... etc. All I'm saying is that I would love to feel like the perfect puzzle piece, and not the one that you sit staring at the puzzle for ages trying to figure out where it goes.

Honestly who doesn't feel this way though? Everyone in some way doesn't fit in. I know this. And my family loves me, and so do my friends, so I'm not worried that I won't ever fit in, I know that even if I don't fit in with specific people, there are others out there. Right now life is good... But when you are away from home you have different feelings that you have never have before...

Speaking of home... where is home? Is home where you live? Where you put on the internet where to deliver the stuff you buy? Or is it like they say "Home is where the heart is." I call both places home and I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to call home... Maybe thats the point... Home can be anywhere where you feel welcome... I have a home here and a home there... where here and there are I don't think really matter. It's just a matter of feeling welcome, like you are home. Whether its with your family, away from your family, all alone in the middle of the desert... Home is not a specific term to one place for one person... Home is where I want to be...

No comments: